Friday, June 25, 2010

Apple Cider Vinegar


So....

A couple days ago I awoke to a pain in my throat and neck. Some say I am likely to have swollen glands...? I've never had that before, but I'd say they are probably right. In an attempt to recover I have taken the following measures towards improving my circumstance:

1-A few cups of hot water with honey, lemon, and salt. Very soothing and actually tastes really good.
2-Gargling salt water in the back room and in between serving tables. Sometimes the cooks give me strange looks, but I explained my situation so they were no longer confused.
3-Sipping Apple Cider Vinegar throughout the day. Yes. I don't know if many people know quite how strong this stuff is...I imagine its close to what a shot of some sort of alcohol would taste like. The flavor isn't bad but I can only take a tiny bit at a time. I'm not sure how long I have to keep this up, but even if my throat doesn't heal by tomorrow I figure the Vinegar is worth it because according to the internet it has multiple benefits including:

-Weight loss, reduction of headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity, and even bad breath along with a host of many other ailments

With just over half a 16 oz bottle left, I begin my second day of the Apple Cider Vinegar regime. I'll keep you updated on the results.

If anyone has any other ideas, please...PLEASE let me know.

Love, Melissa

1 comment:

  1. if there is a store up there with Chloraseptic throat spray, GET SOME! It basically numbs any pain in your throat. Or just Chloraseptic drops. Works for me. If you get a cough, Delsum is the best. the orange kind. best wishes Fuhjell.

    ReplyDelete